What kind of Christmas Shopper are you? The last-minute shopper, the “you can’t start Xmas shopping after Thanksgiving” or the “I look for Christmas gifts all year round”? We wrote a Christmas Gift guide with an Italian Flair to help you find out the perfect gift!
I’m the latter, I like to scout for amazing gifts for the people I love all year round…
“That amazing top in Amalfi will look great on my best friend, and that special wine I tasted in Tuscany will make my father-in-law very happy! ”
If you are like me, you might be all set for Christmas, maybe with some souvenirs from the last trips you took. But don’t worry if you haven’t started thinking about Christmas shopping yet!
We have compiled a list of ideas for a great present with an Italian Flair that is going to make your loved one happy and be remembered as better than Santa 🎅🏻 this year.
For the Wine lover
The best present would be one of our wine tasting tours of course! But in the wait, we have created a Wine Box for you! Paolo, our expert sommelier who hosts some of our tasting experiences at his wine shop Pro Nobis, selected 6 Lombardy Wines:
- Le Filine Dei Giop. A Valtellina Superiore wine from the Rhaetian terraces of Tirano, a pure 2012 Nebbiolo, a late harvest aged 26 months in barrel. It maintains a certain acidity but is overall very pleasant thanks to the barrel.
- Le Strie. A Valtellina Superiore 2018. 3% rare native vine, 97% Nebbiolo, of which 20% a Valgella with drying. Difficult to find as there are few aged like this one. Gorgeous with meat!
- Coppiere Nero. A nice pure Pinot noir, vintage 2018. Very elegant, with notes of chocolate spiciness. This wine is aged 24 months in barrel, so the hint of vanilla stays light.
- Infinito Chardonnay. It is a Cuvee, so a blend of 2018, aged in steel and 2017 aged in barrels. Adaptable to fish, has been defined as “a small chablis”.
- Lugana Montonale. A classic from Lake Garda, 2020 Trebbiano di Lugana grape, a wonderful wine suitable for fish.
- Extra Brut by Camozzi. A fresh Franciacorta, very elegant and ideal as an aperitif or cheering during the holidays!
Buy it by Sunday 21st of November and receive it by Thanksgiving!
For the Traveller
The borders have reopened and as travelling resumes we can’t wait to have you and your loved ones on one of our tours! Book one of our semi-private tours by the end of the year and enjoy a special discount. But if you are looking for a Bespoke or Luxury experience don’t hesitate to contact us as we love to help you!
For the Foodie!
Fooooooooood! Yes, a food basket is always a great idea for Christmas! We Italians just love to eat during Christmas time! Panettone, Pandoro and Torrone appear on the shelves at the beginning of November. On the 1st of December, we begin opening the Advent Calendar: a little chocolate every day counting down to Christmas in the sweetest way! This year countdown to Xmas with us on our IG stories and in our Exclusive TA club.
The month of December is mostly spent going on Christmas dinners with friends and colleagues. Finally, the holiday begins with more eating with big, big family lunches and dinners! So yeah… we can’t stress it enough! We strongly suggest Food Gifts, here’s our list:
- Panettone & Pandoro: traditional Christmas sweetbreads are just too delicious to miss. Here you find our top 5 Panettoni (SantAmbroeus ships to the USA) or pick one for the selection made by EATALY
- Torrone and Torroncini: a traditional winter and Christmas confection in Italy and it exists in many varieties changing from town to town, from north to south. Shop at EATALY
- Christmas Hampers: EATALY has created some great gift baskets for those who want to give a range of Italian goodies such as Olive Oil or Aceto di Modena, Pasta, Biscotti and more…
- A Food Tour Voucher: you or a loved one are coming to Italy in 2022? Then Lake Como is a must stop and our food tours are truly a local experience. Book now
For The Fashionista
Italy and its fashion and Italians are renowned for their sense of style! Milan is one of the world capitals of Fashion and in Como wonderful Silk Scarves are produced. Did you know that the silk for the most famous brands comes from Como? You can book, as a gift, a fashionable experience with us in Milan or in Como or “settle” for some garments Made in Italy.
Besides the “well-known” Italian designers like Dolce & Gabbana or Armani, check out Brunello Cucinelli, Isaia, Herno or Missoni. You can find them all at Saks Fifth Avenue!
And remember, if you are planning to come to Lake Como next season, ask me and my team of expert local guides the best spots to shop for souvenirs or… as I do early Christmas Gifts!