Why a longer stay in Lake Como is the best choice
You have dreamed about coming to Lake Como and now is time to finally book and make the actual plans. But before going over the details you are wondering “How long should I stay at Lake Como?”, “How many nights should I book if I want to visit other areas in Northern Italy?”
Many think that Lake Como is a good stop for a couple of nights and then they should move on but they are mistaken. 2-3 days are not enough to explore Lake Como and its surroundings! Lake Como is the perfect location for a longer stay – even a week or more – in Northern Italy.
Why should you stay longer at Lake Como
There are many reasons why you should stay longer at Lake Como. If you’re afraid that you’ll get bored, don’t worry, you’ll never lack for places to explore. Here are our top 4 good reasons for a longer stay:
At Lake Como, everyday there’s something new to do
Lake Como is where mountains meet the lake, where relaxation meets sport and fun, where gourmet food meets food production tradition and where elegant villas and gardens meet natural attractions. Just take a look at our tours and you’ll realize how many experiences you could enjoy.
- Boat & Villas Tours: designed to experience the lingering charme of a more elegant era through Lake Como’s villas and botanical gardens while relaxing on a boat tour. Enjoy a day touring the shores of Lake Como in a Venetian style motorboat visiting historical mansions like Villa Balbianello in Lenno or Villa Melzi in Bellagio accompanied by our expert local guide. Walking tours in the small hamlets with food and wine tastings are the keys for an immersive day at Lake Como!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BOAT & VILLAS TOURS
- Food & Wine Tours: Lake Como is a region rich with traditional food, delicacies made with fresh fish, wine production, artisanal cheeses and olive orchards. These tours are designed to savor the local cuisine and specialties, to discover small producers of wine and oil, to learn to cook and fall in love with new flavors.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FOOD & WINE TOURS
- Sport & Fun Tours: if you are an active person you’ll be spoiled for choice. Enjoy kayaking, hiking, walking and cycling at Lake Como. Breath in the fresh air, soak up the sun and hike the mountains of our gorgeous region. The pre-alps are perfect for panoramic hikes, walks and photography, the hills are no challenge with an e-bike and water sport enthusiasts will find kayaking, kite surfing and sailing exhilarating.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SPORT & FUN TOURS
Many picturesque villages dot Lake Como
Many lovely and picturesque hamlets dot Lake Como and many of them are worth a visit. Bellagio, Menaggio, Varenna, Tremezzo, Cernobbio, Torno are just a few suggestions. You can easily reach the many coastal towns and villages on Lake Como by car or train, by ferry boat or renting a boat by yourself.
You need some days to explore the marvelous landscapes, natural beauties, history, architecture and art they offer you.
Lake Como has a central position
Close to Milan and its 3 airports, Lake Como is the ideal place to stay for exploring Lombardy, the rest of northern Italy and, why not, bordering Switzerland.
You can easily reach many destinations by car, by train or asking us for private transfer. Just 1 hour from Lake Como, you can visit:
- Bergamo: a real masterpiece of history, culture, music and landscape, with a medieval heart on top of a hill surrounded by the majestic Venetian Walls, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. BOOK THE TOUR
- Milan: internationally recognised as one of the world’s most important fashion capitals, but it also has a wealth of interesting museums and things to see and do. BOOK THE TOUR
- Monza: a city running at two speeds. The Formula 1 tears up the historic Autodromo while runners, slow and steady, pace through the Park and Villa, green lungs open to the public. Enjoy the historical center with a wonderful Duomo and smaller yet lovely shopping area. BOOK THE TOUR
Add a few hours drive to reach the other Northern Lakes, Venezia, the Mediterranean Sea in Liguria, the World famous wine country Langhe, the magnificent Alps in Valtellina and Switzerland. All these destinations are a great option for a day trip or as a next step of your Italian stay. Go Beyond Lake Como ask us for a custom itinerary:
Its luxury resorts and hotels
Lake Como is one of the most luxurious areas of Italy with a long tradition in hospitality, Villas built by and for the wealthiest, since the 17th century, are now elegant and prestigious hotels and resorts. Let us help you choose the perfect one for you.
Read here our selection of 6 unexpected luxury hotels at Lake Como, and remember that we work and often visit them so we can always guarantee and attest to their excellence.
Remember that we are here to design incredible experiences for you:
- More of our tours here
- Be inspired by more Travel Ideas here
- Contact us for a private or bespoke experience here